Monday, May 14, 2007

Mine Iniquities...

How many are mine iniquities and sins? Make me to know my transgression and my sin.( Job 13:23)

I started this blog as a prayer to God, "Show me mine iniquities, show me my wrongdoings". Hit me with a two by four if neccessary. Show me how to love my neighbor as myself. Show me that, now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity(I Corinthians 13:13) Charity meaning; a kindly and lenient attitude toward people. Then I started to ask, can we honestly look in to our hearts and say, "I am kindly and lenient toward others." I forgive and understand that my greatest faults and judgements are greater then the person I judge. Judge not , that you be not judged? "Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of Israel" (II Kings 19:22) Does this mean that when we judge and cast condemnation on another we also do so to Christ? "Let all their wickedness come before thee; and do unto them, as thou hast done unto me for all my transgressions: for my sighs are many, and my heart is faint" (Lamentations 1:22) Does God judge us for the things we say and do against another in our hearts and by our actions? If the Bible says ( Mark 12:31),there is none other commandment greater than these, is to love our neighbor as ourself" then we fail to follow a great commandment that defines/determines our salvation, who we are and what we have through Christ. There is a kid's song that says, "love one another, he said love one another as I have loved you, by this shall all men know that you are mine, if you have love for one another all the time".

-Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these(John 13:34).

-By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another(John 13:35).

-This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you(John 15:12). For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.(I John 3:11)

-And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. (I John 3:23)

And finally....By obeying through the spirit, you have purified your souls, making your heart right before God.

-Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently(I Peter 1:22)

-Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin? (Proverbs 20:9)

-Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10)

-Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (James 4:8)

-And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (Colossians 3:17)



*My sincere apologies for the harsh words or thoughts, I wish to offend no one, but speak only from my heart. Love Alicia

2 comments:

j.elle said...

Wow...that was awesome.
I recently started a draft page on my blog about 1 Cor. 13, "Charity suffereth long and is kind....charity vaunteth not itself itself is not puffed up...doth not behave itself unseemly seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil."
And I asked myself do I suffer long? Am I puffed up? How do I behave myself? Am I easily provoked? Do I think no evil?
I couldn't finish it because I had to go find an altar. You put it into words better than I could have.

Here is my prayer:
"Create in my a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Allie_Marie said...

Jael, thank you so very much for the compliment. I try very hard to put into words, my emotions, that can speak to people. And you are right, I also found myself seeking a spiritual/imaginary altar (I was at work) where I had to say, "God I know that I lack in this, please help ME!" And as I wrote on the bottom of the post, Pslams 51:10, Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. This post was as much for me (as are all my post) as simply a reminder to others that the world is so much bigger and God is so much greater then are trifles among ourselves. We serve a higher purpose.

PS. my apologies for making this another post. LOL