Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dreaming Ourselves to Death.

What does life include? What is the importance or purpose? I know that we are on this earth to praise the Lord. That is are soul purpose, our spiritual purpose but what about the day to day and personal expectations that we have? Growing up we thought about what are we going to be or do. As a young woman you think about marriage, children, your home and your career. Whether it is a stay at home mom or a business woman. But are we dreaming ourselves to death? What happens when the things that we always dreamt don't happen like we thought or even at all. Do we rely on God to put the pieces together according to his will or fall to pieces asking why not me or my will? What makes us happy? Is it the thought that we will find that special one to go through life with who will always be there for you? Is the thought that a three thread cord, (God, yourself and your husband) cannot be broken or that we have the ability to bring someone into this word to train into the kingdom of God and his righteousness? Is it the idealistic dream of the two car garage, two and a half kids, six bedroom house, and a family vacation every summer? I am not saying that any of this is wrong, in fact we all think of these things.But what about the simplistic? The Husband that loves you know matter what you do or have, kids that respect you, a home for your family, hearts as huge as the sun, a God that covers and completes all, and simple love for people. I think that the Bible covers it best, "That we may be as little children". Children are so simple, loving, content, trust completely, and instinctively KNOW that God is awesome and takes care of it all. Is it that the unknown scares us, so we plan, and dream potential to fill it? Do we ask to much when we know that are only destiny and purpose is to praise and the rest are details and extreme blessings? Are we so busy dreaming that we miss the hear and now? The children that need a hug, kiss, or a story. The sinner who needs salvation and family. The Husband that needs encouragement and consideration. The Pastor that needs a prayer for strength and blessings. Or the friend who needs a phone call, a moment of care and time. And so I ask one last time, Are we dreaming ourselves to death, or living for what will be right now in God's continuing promise and presence?

6 comments:

Amy St. Pierre said...

Whoa! That was...well...pretty inspiring! Excuse me while I go change my view of life! Thanks, Licia, I really enjoyed that!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Alicia,
that was awesome! We need to get all the fairy tale stuff out and live the life we have and enjoy it. It is all about perspective.

KK said...

Alicia, very good!

Yes, have a dream, but don't just sit there & dream, God is in control He knows the desires of our heart and wants to give them to us, but meanwhile live life to fullest, connect and touch those who need you NOW...

That is what I gleanned form this inprirational writeup of yours.

j.elle said...

I'm a dreamer and once in awhile I need a reality check. Thanks Alicia.

Misty Hamel said...

Wow Alicia! I didn't know you were such an inspirational writer! Watch out...you may be speaking at conferences next... I think you are on the right path with the simplification thoughts. I have had so many dreams through the years and some of them took the place of action in my life. Now I look back and say, if only. If only I had known where life was going to take me and when it was going to take me, I would have made different decisions. For instance I wish I would have gone to college and saved more money when I was single. I have learned to live from day to day and keep in mind that tomorrow may not turn out the way I plan it in my head. If I can please God today, the rest is icing on the cake. What flavor the icing is and how artfully it is applied is up to me. God gives us many talents, abilities and the days to do something with our lives. Then I think He sits back to see what we will do. Hope all is well with you. Love you!

Allie_Marie said...

Misty, thank you so much for commenting! I love the way that you summed it up, "If I can please God today, the rest is icing on the cake. What flavor the icing is and how artfully it is applied is up to me". I Love you! Miss you!